I heard an interesting conversation taking place between my mom and my brother the other day.
My brother was insisting that my mom had barely worked in her life.
My mom, on the other hand, had a lot to say about her work history and the job of caring for her children. Apparently, she had to take a pause from her professional career when my brother was a little kid due to his horrible respiratory ailments. The child was always plagued with asthma and bronchitis that required a lot of medical attention so he could breathe fresh air. It turns out, my brother’s continual respiratory ailments were fairly temporary… Because he was not sickly so much as he was affected by the indoor air quality. My parents lived in a pretty old house where the central heating, cooling, and air quality control system was not well-maintained. They did not have a lot of extra money to contact the heating, cooling, and ventilation Specialist on a regular basis. Therefore, my dad changed the air filters for the indoor air handling devices. Beyond that, they did not pay any attention to the air quality control system. About a year after my brother started suffering from horrible asthma, someone recommended that they arrange a professional HVAC inspection. When the heating, cooling, and air quality control worker inspected the air ductwork, he quickly found a big problem. There was a ton of mold and mildew growing inside. After the professional duct cleaning, my brother’s respiratory health vastly improved and my mom was able to go back to work.